- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Office on Women’s Health
- Ohio Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program
- Ohio Breastfeeding Alliance
- Ohio Lactation Consultant Association
In partnership with Professional Data Analysts (PDA), focus groups were conducted in 2020 with African American and Appalachian women to highlight their experiences with breastfeeding, improve strategies for breastfeeding support, and increase breastfeeding initiation and duration rates.
- Breastfeeding experiences of Black or African American women in Ohio
- Breastfeeding experiences of Appalachian women in Ohio
Discussion guides were created to identify strategic action items and develop strategic planning questions based on the focus group findings. These guides were developed to be used in WIC, worksites, healthcare organizations, and community organization settings.