The campground rules were created to establish minimum standards, applicable throughout Ohio, for the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of these facilities in order to protect the public from injury, minimize the potential for disease transmission, and provide a safe and healthy recreational environment.
- Recreation Camp
- Recreational Vehicle (RV) Park
- Combined Park-Camp
- Temporary Campground
Services provided by the ODH Campground program:
- Technical assistance and training on the construction, operation, maintenance, and evaluation of campgrounds.
- Review and approval of engineered plans that have been designed to meet all of the requirements found within 3701-26 of the OAC.
- Inspections performed to ensure that the campground is constructed per the rules and approved plans.
- Guidance to local health district staff for the implementation of the campground regulatory program.
- Periodic surveys of local health district licensing programs to assess their compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Resource for the general public relative to recreation issues, protection from disease transmission, personal safety, and complaint investigations.
Coronavirus Disease 2019, COVID-19
- Coronavirus.Ohio.gov - The State of Ohio's source for updated, accurate information to help you prepare for and protect against coronavirus disease 2019, COVID-19.
- If you have questions regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19 please call 1-833-4ASKODH (1-833-427-5634).
Get in touch
General information: 614-644-7455
Construction inspection requests: 614-644-7468