The Ohio Lead Advisory Council (OLAC) is established by section 3742.32 of the Ohio Revised Code. OLAC assists in the ongoing development and implementation of the child lead poisoning prevention program.
The mission of OLAC is to engage all stakeholders in the process of actively working toward elimination of all sources of lead poisoning in the state. Stakeholders include state agencies, local public health jurisdictions, housing agencies, property owner, health care providers, and advocates for children and lead-safe housing.
OLAC includes 13 members appointed by the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) Director representing the following:
• Ohio Department of Medicaid • Bureau of Child Care of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, • Ohio Environmental Protection Agency • Ohio Department of Education • Ohio Development Services Agency • Ohio Apartment Owners’ Association • Ohio Healthy Homes Network • Ohio Environmental Health Association • Ohio representative of the American Coatings Association • Physician knowledgeable in lead poisoning prevention • Ohio Realtors • Ohio Housing Finance Agency • Public
- January 11, 2023, 10:00AM-12:00PM, Boardroom, State Library of Ohio
- April 12, 2023, 10:00AM-12:00PM
- July 12, 2023, 10:00AM-12:00PM
- October 11, 2023, 10:00AM-12:00PM