Providers enrolled in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program are required to review and be familiar with the training documents and resources listed below. These documents contain information regarding general immunization guidelines, storage and handling, and temperature monitoring practices. Please check back regularly as additional documents and resources will be posted as they become available.
07/28/22 - COVID-19 Vaccine for Infants to Adults: Facts for Ohio Providers: Information about authorized COVID-19 vaccines for children and adults, instructions for ordering vaccine through the Vaccine Ordering Management System (VOMS), and an overview of vaccine storage and handling requirements.
05/16/22 - COVID-19 Vaccine Facts for Providers Slide Deck - This is an in-depth review of the COVID-19 vaccines available for administration.
04/19/22 - COVID-19 Vaccine Ordering, Storage & Handling Webinar - COVID-19 vaccine product updates, instructions for ordering vaccine through the Vaccine Ordering Management System (VOMS), and an overview of vaccine storage and handling requirements.
01/05/22 - Ohio Pandemic Vaccine Management Plan: Basic overview of coordinator responsibilities and vaccine management protocols for COVID-19 vaccine providers.
02/24/21 - Safe Handling of Dry Ice: Review this document prior to receipt of vaccine.
12/08/20 - Ohio COVID-19 Provider Training Attestation - All COVID-19 Vaccine Providers must use this document to attest and record all completed training.
For general questions about the COVID-19 Vaccine, please visit the CDC’s COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ.
Providers must review and be familiar with:
Training materials provided by the CDC can be found at the CDC Covid-19 Training and Education website.
CE may be available for some of the CDC courses. If you wish to receive CE credit, create an account on the TRAIN website.
In addition, Providers are asked to review the following Ohio-specific training materials:
Storage and Handling
- 11/10/20 - Ultra-Cold Vaccine Storage Considerations Overview of general information for handling ultra-cold vaccines
- 01/19/21 - COVID-19 Vaccine Pre-Vaccination Screening Form (English)
- 01/19/21 - COVID-19 Vaccine Pre-Vaccination Screening Form (Spanish)
- 11/20/20 - CDC: Needle Gauge and Length
- 11/20/20 - CDC: Intramuscular (IM) Injection Adults 19 years of age and older
- 12/18/20 - Anaphylaxis Management: Information on the how providers should prepare for and respond to potential anaphylaxis due to vaccination
- 12/14/20 - V-safe uses text messaging and online surveys to provide personalized health check-ins to COVID-19 vaccination recipients. By using V-safe, vaccine recipients can report possible side effects after getting the COVID-19 vaccine. V-safe also will remind vaccine recipients when to get their second dose of the correct COVID-19 vaccine when required
- 11/19/20 - The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) Overview of VAERS and process for reporting adverse reactions that may result from vaccination.
Off Site Clinics
- 08/06/21 - CDC Supply Checklist for Vaccination Clinics Held at Satellite, Temporary or Off-Site Locations
- 02/21/21 - Patient Safety Checklist for Vaccination Clinics held at Satellite, Temporary, or Off-Site Locations
- 03/04/21 - CDC Transport - Temperature Log