The Ohio Vaccine Management Solution (VMS) offered by the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) is a website-based system to assist COVID-19 vaccine providers and patients with vaccine appointment scheduling and vaccine administration. This no-cost tool can assist providers with patient registration, scheduling, vaccine inventory, and clinic management. Ohio residents can visit gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov to determine if they are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination or booster dose, and to schedule an appointment.
The following resources are available to help COVID-19 vaccine providers use the VMS tool. Below you will find a series of videos and user guides that will take you step-by-step through setting up your Provider Portal and performing the functions available through VMS, including managing vaccine inventory, entering appointment availability for the public to view, managing staff users, and checking in patients during an appointment.
A separate user guide and video, labeled for third-party providers, are available for providers who use different scheduling platforms to manage their visibility on gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov. The VMS tool enables these providers to directly link to those websites through gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov. This is essential to help Ohioans find appointments anywhere in the state using a single website.
- Third-Party Provider Training: How to Manage Visit Types: How to manage visit types in the VMS for third-party providers not using full VMS functionality.
- Introduction to the Vaccine Management Solution (VMS): Brief introduction to the VMS system.
- Patient Check-in and Administration: How to find a patient record and begin the vaccine administration check-in process.
- How to Manage Staff: How to add, delete, and edit staff access in the Vaccine Management Solution.
- How to Manage Your Location’s Appointment Availability: How to create and maintain appointments in the Vaccine Management Solution.
- How to Manage Available Inventory: How to track inventory in the Provider Portal.
- Viewing Patient Information: How to access patient demographic and insurance information.
- How to Book a Dose 2 Appointment: How to schedule second dose appointments for patients in VMS.
- How to Book a Walk-In Appointment: How to book a walk-in appointment for a patient in the VMS.
- Ohio VMS User Guide: This user guide offers step-by-step instructions on different aspects of the VMS, including:
- Managing vaccine inventory.
- Entering appointment availability for the public to see.
- Managing staff users.
- Checking in patients
- Third-Party Provider User Guide: A user guide specifically for third-party providers.
- This user guide is new and specifically for third-party providers. Third-party providers are providers that do not use full VMS functionality and instead direct residents to an external URL to schedule appointments.
- 08/24/22 - VMS Updates R2.2-3.14 – Release Notes
- 07/25/22 - VMS Updates R2.2-3.13 – Release Notes
- 06/24/22 - VMS Updates R2.2-3.12 – Release Notes
- 06/22/22 - VMS Updates R2.2-3.11 – Release Notes
- 06/08/22 - VMS Updates R2.2-3.10 – Release Notes
- 05/20/22 - VMS Updates R2.2-3.9.1 – Release Notes
- 04/27/22 - VMS Updates R2.2-3.8 – Release Notes
- 04/04/22 - VMS Updates R2.2-3.7.1 – Release Notes
- 03/01/22 - VMS Updates R2.2-3.7 – Release Notes
- 01/12/22 - VMS Updates R2.2-3.6.1 – Release Notes
- 12/21/21 - VMS Updates R2.2-3.5 – Release Notes
- 12/13/21 - VMS Updates R2.2-3.4.3 – Release Notes
- 10/25/21 - VMS Updates R.3.3 – Release Notes
- 10/21/21 - VMS Updates R.3.2.1 – Release Notes
- 10/15/21 - VMS Updates R.2-3.2 Release Notes
- 08/19/21 - VMS Updates R2.2-R3.1 Release Notes
- 06/16/21 - VMS Updates R2.2-R3 Release Notes
- 05/27/21 - VMS Updates R2.2-R2.4 Release Notes