What is a Cistern?
A private water system cistern is one that uses rainwater collected from a roof or other rain collection device as a source of water for human consumption.
What is a Hauled Water Storage Tank?
A private water system hauled water storage tank is any tank used to store potable water for use as a private water system supply delivered by a registered water hauler from an approved public water source.
Guides and Resources regarding Cistern and Hauled Water Storage Tank systems construction and maintenance
- Plans for Developing a Rainwater Cistern or Hauled Water Supply
- Guides for Cleaning and Disinfecting - Procedures for Cleaning Cisterns
- Maintaining Chlorine Residuals in Hauled Water Storage Tanks
- Ultraviolet Light Disinfection Systems - NSF Standard 55 Listing for Class A systems
- Cyst Reduction Filters for Ponds, Springs, and Cisterns - NSF 53 Listing for Cyst Reduction Filters
Water Delivered to a Hauled Water Storage Tank or to supplement a Rainwater Cistern Water Supply must be delivered by a registered water hauler.