The developmental and cognitive abilities of children play a significant role in their vulnerability to injury. The function of the Child Injury Action Group (CIAG) is to identify priorities and strategies to reduce child injury in Ohio. The CIAG has identified focus areas to address in their five-year strategic plan including: teen driving safety, bicycle and wheeled sports helmets, infant sleep-related suffocation, sports-related traumatic brain injury, child maltreatment and child restraint/booster seat law review/revision.
Ongoing priorities of the CIAG include:
- Increasing statewide collaboration around child injury prevention efforts
- Building state and local capacity for child injury prevention efforts
- Researching and assessing the feasibility of implementing evidence-based injury prevention policies and programs at the local and state levels
- Promoting evidence-based child and youth injury prevention programs throughout Ohio
Congratulations 2020 Project Pilot Recipients!
Congratulations to Cincinnati Children’s Medical Center Hospital and Dayton Children’s Hospital on being selected for 2020 CIAG Pilot Projects. Cincinnati will be working on a TBI Pedestrian Safety Initiative, and Dayton will be funded for a Child Maltreatment Project!
How to Join
The CIAG is an action group of the Ohio Injury Prevention Partnership (OIPP). To become a member of the OIPP or any of the OIPP action groups, please complete the online membership application. You will begin to receive meeting notifications and updates about the group's activities.
For information about meeting dates, subcommittees, pilot project grant opportunities, training and resources, please visit Ohio CIAG.
For more information about the group, please contact the Ohio Department of Health Violence and Injury Prevention Section at 614-466-2144.
Upcoming Safety Week Observances
- March is Brain Injury Awareness Month. Please visit the Brain Injury Association Of America's (BIAA) website for more information
- April is Distracted Driving Month
Save the Date!
2020 Child Passenger Safety Conference -Postponed
2020 Midwest Suicide Prevention & Mental Health Summit - May 14th and 15th (Columbus Area)