Ohio law requires all healthcare providers to administer blood lead tests to children at age 1 and 2, or up to age 6 if no previous test has been completed based on the following criteria: the child is on Medicaid, lives in a high-risk ZIP code, or has certain other risk factors. Read more about the recommendations for screening and medical management of children below.
Ohio Department of Health (ODH)
- Medical Management Recommendations
- Lead Testing Requirements and High-Risk ZIP Codes
- Lead Poisoning Desk Reference Guide - PLANET
- Identification and Management of Lead Exposure in Pregnant and Lactating Women
- Prenatal Risk Assessment for Lead
- Ohio Child Lead Testing Requirements