Providers enrolled in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program are required to review and be familiar with the training documents and resources listed below. These documents contain information regarding general immunization guidelines, storage and handling, and temperature monitoring practices. Please check back regularly as additional documents and resources will be posted as they become available.
12/08/20 - Ohio COVID-19 Provider Training Attestation - All COVID-19 Vaccine Providers must use this document to attest and record all completed training.
For general questions about the COVID-19 Vaccine, please visit the CDC’s COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ.
Providers must review and be familiar with:
Training materials provided by the CDC found on the COVID-19 Vaccination Training Programs and Reference Materials for Healthcare Professionals.
CE may be available for some of the CDC courses. If you wish to receive CE credit, create an account on the TRAIN website.
In addition, Providers are asked to review the following Ohio specific training materials:
Storage and Handling:
- 12/08/20 - Ohio Pandemic Vaccine Management Plan: Basic overview of coordinator responsibilities and vaccine management protocols for COVID-19 vaccine providers.
- 12/03/20 - Standards for Temperature Excursions Overview of the steps for documenting and handling out of range temperatures in storage units containing COVID-19 vaccine.
- 11/10/20 - Ultra-Cold Vaccine Storage Considerations Overview of general information for handling ultra-cold vaccines
- 11/10/20 - Temperature Monitoring Standards Overview of specific required temperature monitoring procedures of vaccine storage units for COVID-19 enrolled providers
- 12/22/20 - COVID-19 Vaccine Pre-Vaccination Screening Form - This form, developed by the CDC, provides questions that could help determine if a patient should not get vaccinated due to illness, allergies, or other conditions.
- 11/20/20 - CDC: Needle Gauge and Length
- 11/20/20 - CDC: Intramuscular (IM) Injection Adults 19 years of age and older
- 11/20/20 - EUA & VIS Information (PDF) Overview of the COVID-19 Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) and Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) information.
- 11/10/20 - General Guidance for COVID-19 Second Dose General information for providers on how to assure proper administration of COVID-19 vaccine second dose.
- 1/10/21 - COVID-19 Vaccine Billing FAQ - The Ohio Department of Health created this FAQ for Providers with important information on vaccine billing and reimbursement.
- 1/4/21 - COVID-19 Data Reporting (ImpactSIIS, CSV, HL7 and TP/O) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1/4/21 - Target Population/Occupation (TP/O) Codes
- 12/23/20 - Guidance for Providers on COVID-19 Vaccine Second Doses: The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) offers the following reminders of processes to help providers ensure proper administration for second doses of vaccine when they are due.
- 12/23/20 - ODH has developed a COVID-19 Vaccine Communications Toolkit with talking points, language tips, graphics, FAQs, myths vs. facts, social media language, and trusted resources to help you better communicate about the COVID-19 vaccination with your stakeholders.
- 12/18/20 - Anaphylaxis Management: Information on the how providers should prepare for and respond to potential anaphylaxis due to vaccination
- 12/14/20 - V-safe uses text messaging and online surveys to provide personalized health check-ins to COVID-19 vaccination recipients. By using V-safe, vaccine recipients can report possible side effects after getting the COVID-19 vaccine. V-safe also will remind vaccine recipients when to get their second dose of the correct COVID-19 vaccine when required.
- 11/19/20 - The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) Overview of VAERS and process for reporting adverse reactions that may result from vaccination.