The Ohio Vaccine Management Solution (VMS) offered by the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) is designed to assist providers and patients with the vaccination process so they can focus solely on vaccine administration. This no-cost tool can assist providers with patient registration, scheduling, vaccine inventory, and clinic management. Patients beginning the vaccination process also benefit from an eligibility screening tool that will let them know if they are eligible at this time for vaccination. The VMS also allows patients to submit health information and receive important reminders about their vaccination process.
The following resources are available to help you navigate the VMS tool. Below you will find a series of videos and training deck that will take you step-by-step through setting up your Provider Portal and using VMS.
Already have access to your VMS account and need help or have questions? Please find the “Chat with us” button to chat with the Providers Virtual Assistant located in your VMS Provider Portal.
- Overview of the VMS: slide deck presentation for providers.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- VMS Fact Sheet
- Introduction to the Vaccine Management Solution (VMS): Brief introduction to the VMS system.
- Patient Check-in: How to find a patient record and begin the vaccine administration check-in process.
- How to Manage Staff: How to add, delete, and edit staff access in the Vaccine Management Solution.
- How to Manage Your Location’s Appointment Availability: How to create and maintain appointments in the Vaccine Management Solution.
- How to Manage Available Inventory: How to track inventory in the Provider Portal.
- Viewing Patient Information: How to access patient demographic and insurance information.
- How to Book a Second Appointment: How to schedule second dose appointments for patients in VMS.
- Newly Updated - Ohio VMS User Guide: This user guide offers step-by-step instructions on different aspects of the VMS, including:
- Managing vaccine inventory.
- Entering appointment availability for the public to see.
- Managing staff users.
- Checking in patients.