This ODH factsheet answers many common questions about per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), including:
- What are PFAS and how do they get into the environment?
- How do PFAS get into my body?
- Can I get sick from PFAS?
- Do PFAS cause cancer?
- Can a test show if I have PFAS in my body?
- Where can I get more information?
Local health departments are encouraged to print these factsheets for distribution in the event of a public health incident involving PFAS.
This factsheet may be updated periodically as new scientific information becomes available or as regulations change. You can find the date of the most recent updates to this factsheet inside the PDF.
Use the "Download" button to access the PDF.