The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) / States Targeting Reduction in Infections via Engagement (STRIVE) announce free infection control training courses.
The new Strategies for Preventing HAIs training is the latest of 11 new infection control training courses. These courses are part of the new STRIVE curriculum intended for the infection prevention team, hospital leaders, clinical educators, nurse and physician managers, environmental services managers, all patient care staff, and patient/family advisors. Additional courses will be launched over the summer.
These training courses were developed by national infection prevention experts led by the Health Research & Educational Trust (HRET) for the CDC.
All courses are free and offer continuing education (CE).
- Competency-Based Training (available now)
- Hand Hygiene (available now)
- Strategies for Preventing HAIs (available now)
- Environmental Cleaning
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Patient and Family Engagement
- Business Case
- Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI)
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Bacteremia
- Clostridioides difficile Infection (CDI)
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection (CLABSI)