Web Content ViewerActions
- Babies born at home are not required to have the newborn hearing screening
- Hearing screening is encouraged to be completed for home births
- The local health department will register the baby’s birth and provide information about hearing screening
- The audiology directory for screenings will be provided by the local health department staff along with the parent brochure
- Babies born at home can have a screening done within one month of age by a screening site or by their primary care provider.
Hearing Screening - Home Birth Parent Handout: