Ohio cancer incidence data, i.e., information on cases of cancer newly diagnosed among Ohioans during a specified time period, from the Ohio Cancer Incidence Surveillance System (OCISS) at the Ohio Department of Health (ODH), are available to researchers and the public in multiple formats: tabular and published cancer statistics.
For information or assistance with your data request contact the OCISS by:
|Mail:||Ohio Department of Health|
|Ohio Cancer Incidence Surveillance System
246 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Access to Ohio cancer incidence data, by format, can be obtained through the following procedures:
- Tabular Cancer Incidence Data - are available through ODH's Information Warehouse.
- Published Cancer Statistics - are available through reports and cancer fact sheets on the OCISS Reports page.
- Datasets - are available for research to further the prevention and control of cancer. Approval may be obtained through the following procedures
For Local Health Departments
- Contact the OCISS to talk with our staff about your request. The following documents and forms are available to apply for datasets:
- ODH/OCISS Data Items Available for Surveillance and Research (OCISS Data Available - March 2021), a complete listing of available cancer data items and information about how to access the NAACCR Data Dictionary.
- OCISS Researcher Data User Agreement (Data User Agreement).
- ODH/IRB Application for Protocol Review (Institutional Review Board).
- Mail the documents to the address on the IRB form and a copy of the documents to the OCISS address.