||The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) State Loan Repayment Programs offer loan repayment to primary care, mental health, and dental providers working in federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) or state designated Health Resource Shortage Areas.
- Physicians (MDs and DOs) specializing in pediatrics, geriatrics, psychiatry, family or internal medicine, and obstetrics and gynecology.
- Dentists (general and pediatric dentists)
- Registered Dental Hygienists
- Minimum two-year service commitment
- Optional third and fourth year service commitments (single year commitments)
- Full-time (40 hours per week) or Part-time (20-39 hours per week) options
Loan Repayment assistance for qualified education debt
- Up to $50,000 (full-time) or $25,000 (part-time) for initial two-year contract
- Up to $35,000 (full-time) or $17,500 (part-time) for additional third and fourth year commitment
- U.S. Citizen (U.S. born or naturalized), U.S. national, or lawful Permanent Resident
- Licensed to practice in Ohio
- Currently working or accepted to work at an eligible site that is located in a federally designed HPSA or a state designated Health Resource Shortage Area
- Unpaid government or commercial loans for school tution, reasonable education expenses and reasonable living expenses, segregated from all other debts (not consolidated with other non-qualifying deb)
Ohio Physician Loan Repayment Program
Ohio Dentist Loan Repayment Program (ODLRP) and
Ohio Dental Hygienist Loan Repayment Program (ODHLRP)
|How to Apply
||Application packets will be available on the ODH website when the next application cycle begins. For more information about the loan repayment programs or eligible practice sites, contact the Primary Care Office at (614) 644-8508, or via email at PCRH@odh.ohio.gov.
Click the "Download" button to view the State Loan Repayment Program Fact Sheet.