NOTICE: Health Commissioners & Directors of Environmental Health - The deadline for steps to renew a license, including completing and submitting continuing education, has been extended due to the ongoing COVID-19 emergency. For more information, view the complete memorandum here.
- Registration of sanitarians and sanitarians in training;
- Approving continuing education for sanitarians;
- Administering examinations prescribed by section 4736.09 of the Revised Code;
- Reviewing the educational criteria required under section 4736.08 of the Revised Code; and
- Any other matters in the regulation of sanitarians and sanitarians in training.
To apply for registration as a sanitarian or sanitarian in training in the state of Ohio, submit your application via the licensure portal. Please be aware that the licensure portal is not compatible with Explorer. We recommend the use of Chrome or Firefox to avoid issues when submitting your application.
Advisory Board Meeting Dates:
June 26, 2020
Bureau of Environmental Health and Radiation Protection
Ohio Department of Health
246 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: (614) 466-1772