2012 OHIO Survey of Health Services in Schools
Guidelines and Publications
This page contains links to guidelines and publications that may be useful in providing school health services.
Opioids and Ohio Children: Tools for School Nurses
Click Here for Document
Asthma Inhaler Resources
Resources for schools regarding the implementation of House Bill 264/Ohio Revised Code 3313.7112 may be found on the Ohio Department of Education website.
Epinephrine Autoinjector Resources
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) School Nursing Program works with the ODH Immunization Program to share information regarding vaccination requirements for children. The Director’s Journal defines the immunizations for children to attend school in Ohio. Vaccination requirements for the current school year.
Click here to access the Immunization Summary for School Attendance-Ohio that summarizes the K-12 requirements for the 2018-19 school year.
Click here to access the Immunization Summary for School Attendance-Ohio that summarizes the K-12 requirements for the 2019-20 school year.
Fact Sheets on Human Trafficking
This report provides county-level estimates on the prevalence of childhood obesity for Ohio's third-grade population.
School Nurse Survey
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training for School Staff
- BMI Screening Guidelines
- Food Allergy Requirements and Guidance
- MRSA Training PowerPoint (Revised January, 2015)
- MRSA School Brochure
- MRSA Parent Brochure
- MRSA Coach Brochure
- MRSA Athlete Brochure
- MRSA Poster
- No Flu for You -- student version
- No Flu for You -- parent version
- No Flu for You -- school version
- Ohio's School Nurses Support Student Success
- Oral Health Screening Guidelines
- The Use of Alcohol-based Hand-Sanitizers in Ohio Schools
- School Health Profiles
- Vision Screening Guidelines
- We All Have A Role In School Safety
- What Should I Do If My Child Gets Head Lice?
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) Report
- Communicable Disease Chart: Click Here to Access Resource
The Ohio Department of Health School Nursing Program supports schools in planning and preparing for a school emergency by developing school emergency preparedness resources and providing educational opportunities for school nurses and staff. The School Nursing Program encourages all schools to form a partnership with local health departments and emergency management agencies while developing an all-hazards school emergency plan.
SCHOOL NURSING FORMS
These forms may be useful in providing school health services:
- Asthma Inhaler Authorization
- Asthma Inhaler Administration Form and Roadmap
- Diabetes Medication Administration Form and Roadmap
- Epinephrine Autoinjector Authorization
- Epinephrine Autoinjector Administration Form and Roadmap
- Impact SIIS Registration Forms
- Medication Administration, Inventory and Incident Report Forms
- Student Injury Report