The art of eating good food, having fun at your family table, and watching your family attain a healthy lifestyle!
WIC helps you:
- Try new foods and recipes
- Learn about your family’s diet needs
- Follow your children’s growth
- Feel good during your pregnancy
- Grow a healthy baby
- Make the best feeding decisions for you and your family
- Be successful with your breastfeeding goals
- Strive for an active lifestyle
Wow! That’s a lot! How does WIC do all of this?
WIC has health professionals – dietitians, diet technicians, and nurses – who are qualified to provide one-on-one counseling to help you meet health goals tailored to your needs. Our health professionals also provide education in many other forms:
Fun group activities
Engaging websites like www.WICHealth.org
Colorful bulletin boards
Easy recipes and taste testing
You will receive your nutrition benefits at your WIC appointment. What happens at a WIC appointment?
- First you meet our support staff. They will help you with our forms.
- Height, weight, and blood iron is checked about every six months. Painless, no-stick blood work is done for most children and women.
- A health professional reviews your or your child’s health information. All findings about growth and eating habits are discussed with you.
- Together with the health professional, you write a six-month goal to try something to work towards a healthy lifestyle. Goals are simple and practical – like using low-fat milk.
WIC also refers you to other programs that can help you and your family.
Breastfeeding support with your WIC Breastfeeding Peer. Click on Breastfeeding and Ohio WIC for more information.
- Child and Family Health Services
- Children’s Hearing and Vision Program
- Dental Health
- Lead - Ohio Department of Health
- Not a Single Drop - Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) Initiative . The National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (NOFAS) provides education and advocacy on FASD issues and resources for people affected by FASD at www.NOFAS.org.
- Physicians, dentists, and other medical care
- Smoking Cessation
- Reproductive Health and Wellness
Practical Nutrition Education
Until your WIC appointment, check out this sample of practical nutrition information for you and your family.
The 2016 Healthy Lunchtime Challenge Cookbook · A Harvest of Recipes with USDA Foods · Recipesfor Healthy Kids Cookbook · Recipes for Healthy Kids: Cookbook for Homes · Cookbook for Schools. Recipes for Healthy Kids: Cookbook for Schools · Healthy, Tasty, Affordable Latin Cooking · More cookbooks ...
Low cost recipe and meal ideas - Eat Well on $4/Day Good and Cheap by Leanne Brown Eat Well on $4/Day Good and Cheap by Leanne Brown .